Relocating with Family

 Bringing your family and friends to St. Kitts holds the promise for many enjoyable experiences. With its ecotourism in the rain forest, a trip to the crater of Mt. Liamuiga, plentiful snorkeling and diving options, breathtaking scenery, year-round sunshine and friendly people, St. Kitts will help you create wonderful memories together.

The following is the necessary information needed to facilitate your extended stay in the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis.


Adult (Non-Student) Requirements

  • Valid Passport.
  • Application form (provided during New Student Orientation).
  • One passport-sized color photograph – shoulders must be covered. No sleeveless shirts or low cut shirts/blouses and no tank tops.
  • Original Police Certificate available from your local precinct or county sheriff’s office.
  • Copy of marriage certificate, if applicable.
  • Original airline/travel itinerary or electronic return ticket number.
  • The calculated amount of cash as determined by the officers taking the application (EC$55.00 per month for the first three months, then EC$75.00 thereafter. If the applicant leaves the island at anytime, the fee structure starts over again from EC$55.00).

All documents may be obtained from the Housing Department Office, located in Tegreman Hall 111. This office will submit applications to the Ministry of Homeland Security on your behalf. 


Children's Requirements

  • Children aged between 5 and 16 years attending the Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine Preparatory School will need a copy of their Immunization Certificate (required by the Ministry of Health) and a passport-sized photo. The cost for a student visa is EC$75.00 annually. The Preparatory School will submit all required information on your behalf.
  • Children under the age of five years will have their passports submitted with the parent attending the University for a Visitor Visa to be stamped in the travel document. There is no fee for this service.